Wildlife SOS Research Information
Learn about some of the most recent research Wildlife SOS has conducted regarding sloth bears, including human-bear conflict, biological research, and conservation. For additional details on these topics and more, please see the documents below.
- Zoo Bulletin June 2018
- 2017 Annual Report
- Sloth Bear Attack Behavior
- The Sloth Bear of Mysore: Human-Bear Conflicts
- Pede-Marking Caught on Video
- Sloth Bear IUCN
- Detecting and Monitoring Sloth Bears at the Edge of Their Range
- Nature Watch: India’s Bear Necessity
- Sloth Bear Maternity Denning
- Kaziranga National Park: Bear Populations
- Dung Beetle Foraging
- Differentiating Sloth Bears in Camera-Trap Photos
Interested in Black Bears for Your AZA Facility?
Please see the note below from Ann Meyer, Curator Collections Management, Audubon Nature Institute, regarding potential black bear acquisitions for your facility.